I sat down at my craft table with the intention to actually create a layout, but that wasn't what happened. Everything was in such disarray around me (and directly on my table) that I had to do some sorting and organizing first. Since I recently decided that I'll do my Scotland and Iceland photos in a 6"x8" pocket page album, I made it my organizational focus to sort through the items that might work for that trip. I've included some photos that show how I grouped my items. I'm hoping that having them separated like this will help me find what I need when I'm actually scrapping.
General supplies #2
General supplies #3
Pocket cards #1
Pocket cards #2
So far, I've only done one complete layout with my Scotland photos. I finished it last week when I did a stash challenge; I wanted to see how much I could use of a specific set of items when I worked with a set of photos from Glasgow. If you're interested in how it all came together, you can watch the before and after videos here:
Yesterday was my birthday, but the really big news is that I was also the featured guest on the Scrap Gals podcast! The episode is called Top Tips for Travel Scrapbooking . I had a great time recording the show with Tiffany and Tracie... some fangirling definitely happened when they asked me to be a guest on the show. If you have any interest in travel and/or documenting it, give this episode a listen!
I've been doing more planning for my big trip this summer. I land in Munich, and my first stop after that will be Salzburg, Austria. I've been researching both bus and train routes, pricing, seating options, etc. for a while now. While I originally had my mind set to take the bus to Salzburg, I've since changed my mind. On many of the travel blogs that I read and different discussions I frequent, the consensus seems to be that taking the train has a much more scenic route. So, while the train will be a bit more money, I'm willing to spend it for the views. Prior to this upcoming trip, I've only used trains in the UK and France, so I'm excited to experience train travel in other countries. Snacks on board a Virgin train in the UK The planning is also different for me this time because I've gotten quite used to traveling solo, but I'll be traveling with a friend (and fellow scrapper) this time. That means that pretty much every decision mad...
Today I want to talk about using Airbnb when I travel. And not just using Airbnb, but specifically using Airbnb as a woman. It is sad that I have to even think about it that way, but as I live in the real world, there you have it. When I was first traveling on my own, I stuck with hotels in busy places, as I felt safer and I tended to be closer to city centers. For most touristy activities in larger cities, that's a great place to be. However, travelers pay a price for that, and I felt it. I wanted to be able to put more of my money into actually enjoying a city rather than into a room I'd hardly be in each day. Enter Airbnb. As a female traveler who often is globetrotting solo, I felt that I had to be smart and careful in my choices with Airbnb options. For instance, after I do a preliminary/mainly generic search for what I want, I start narrowing down the options. 1) I look at the owner of the property; I tend to immediatel...
Comments
Post a Comment