Ring of Kerry layout

I've been working on more layouts for the 2016 Ireland album (my husband's trip).  I wanted to show a visual record for this one, as I changed my mind off and on about certain elements during the process of putting it all together.  The photo below shows what I started with for this page.  It was pretty much just the background cardstock, a branding strip I had from a piece of patterned paper, and a map my husband saved that specifically showed the Ring of Kerry.



As you can see in the next photo, I switched the map to the left side.  I'm not sure why, but the curve at the bottom just didn't look right on the other side.  Once I had it placed along the left side, I wanted to add some washi to both sides, to bring in some other colors.  I thought some contrast was needed, given the intense green in the map.  I also added the compass bit at the top, which came from the same map.  I put some red rhinestones in a visual triangle, to bring out the red markers on the map.


Once I added those items, there were still some blank spaces around the page.  Since the Ring of Kerry is filled with gorgeous views, I figured a camera stamp was appropriate.  I knew that my husband will also likely want to say some things about his time there, so I included a 3x4 journaling card doe him to fill out later.  I also decided to add the small red heart sticker on the lower right hand side, also to bring out a bit more of the red.



I still felt that the layout was missing something, so I decided to do more stamping.  Since my husband was on a tour, I thought a bus image would be in keeping with the trip.  I added another strip of washi, for a little more color, and then added the label with the word "explore", as that was definitely appropriate!  Once that was all added, the layout finally felt complete.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Airbnb as a woman

100 Days Project

Booking Flights - Part 1