100 Days Project

Have you heard of the 100 Days Project?  If not, you should look into it.  Basically, it means that you commit to doing something for 100 days in a row.  That something can be whatever you want!  Right now, it is quite popular in the crafty world; I follow several Facebook crafty groups that have people participating in it (we started August 1st).  I didn't do it on the last go-round because I wasn't sure I could stick with it, but I decided to take the plunge this time.  I purposely kept my goal vague: Just do something crafty related every day for the 100 days.  As I write this, I've made it through 5 days.  Here's my list of what I've done:

1.  Made the first pocket page for the 2016 Ireland travel album (this was a trip my husband took):


2.  I made a map page for the Ring of Kerry, which will go in the same travel album:

3.  I participated in an online live scrap group via Skype!  This was the first time I've ever done that (I've done it before via Facebook Live, but that's it).  There were several people from the Scrap Gals group who were all there; it felt like traveling to a crop, but I didn't actually have to go anywhere!  It was fun to work on some crafty things knowing that there were other people doing the same thing.  We chatted a bit, but mostly scrapped.

4. I took a photo walk!  I traveled to a smaller town not too far from where I live.  The downtown area consists of just a few blocks, but there are many photogenic buildings and stores that line the streets.  I took advantage of the light and tried to capture the colorful and unique aspects of this area:

5.  I had to work part of the day, so that didn't leave much crafty time in my schedule.  I decided to download and edit all of the shots I took from the photo walk I did the day before.  I sometimes put off this process because it's the not-so-fun part of scrapbooking.  Now I already have all of those photos ready to print whenever I want to work with them.

I am really looking forward to all of things that I can accomplish during these 100 days!  It is already sparking more creativity in my life.

Comments

  1. Great post! So glad you're keeping up with the 100 days project. I loved the Skype session too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Using Airbnb as a woman

Booking Flights - Part 1