NYC is calling

I admit it: I'm still depressed over not being able to take my trip to Amsterdam and Ireland.  I know it was the right decision, as I'm still dealing my a flare of my AS, though I think I'm getting closer to the end of it (until the next one).  While I was able to get my money back for nearly everything, it doesn't really make it better, as I have such wanderlust in my soul.  I was saying to someone the other day that I don't know how others stick so close to home all the time; for me, it drives me crazy that there's a whole big world out there that I'm not seeing.  I mean, I've traveled a fair bit, but it's only a drop in the bucket compared to how many countries are on the face of this planet.  I can't stand the fact that all of that culture and experience is out there, but I'm sitting here.

In any case, I know that a long-haul flight is not in the cards for me right now.  However, I made it through a shorter flight recently when I had to go to Denver for a work trip.  A 2 hour flight was not overly comfortable, but doable, so it got me thinking more about what I probably CAN do as opposed to what I can't.  Anyone who knows me is aware that I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd; well, there's a show playing in NYC that's about the Hufflepuff House kids who were there during the time of Harry Potter's attendance; it's called "PUFFS".  Its a funny and endearing look at what it's like to just be average kids in the shadow of something/someone else that is making headlines.  You can take a quick peek below.




This show only runs until January, so if I want to see it, I need to get to NYC before then.  This actually shows now at New World Stages; I know right where that is because that's where I saw "Avenue Q" when I was in NYC a few years ago.  I'd like to go in November before the snow really gets going, so I'm watching flights and doing all the things I normally do when I'm thinking about a trip.  Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Airbnb as a woman

100 Days Project

Booking Flights - Part 1