Will travel for art

I've been back from New York for less than 2 weeks, but I'm already dreaming of another getaway.  For those of us with wanderlust, this is just how things are.  Besides being addicted to travel, I also have a passion for art, and the Impressionists specifically.  When I heard a few months ago that a major Degas exhibit was coming to the United States, I was extremely excited!  However, there's only one problem: the exhibit is only coming to Denver.  I knew immediately that I'd regret it if I don't go, so I put it on my watchlist for flights.  It's an advantage for me that I grew up in Colorado, and I go to Denver frequently for both work and to see friends; I know my way around Denver pretty well.  The issues for me with seeing this exhibit were time and money, as there is other travel I want to do in 2018.



I set up some alerts, as I always do (I mentioned this in a previous blog post), and waited to see what would come up in the next few weeks or months.  It turns out that Frontier was having a big holiday sale, and since they hub in Denver, I knew the flights would be cheap.  My goal was to find flights that would allow me to be in Denver for 48 hours or less, as the exhibit is my main reason for going, and it will only require a few hours at the museum.  Anything else I do is a bonus.  I was able to find a flight that goes out fairly early in the morning, which is perfect, and a flight that comes back the following day late afternoon.  It allows me about 30 hours of getaway time, which is all I really need for that trip.

The great thing is that I scored the ticket for $105 after taxes, fees, seat assignment, etc.  I'm very happy with that price!  Since I'll only need a hotel or Airbnb for one night, it keeps my overall costs down, too.  I'm also thinking that if I'm only gone one night, I can fit everything in the shoulder bag that I use as my "personal item", which means no baggage bags (Frontier charges for both a carry-on and a checked bag).  In case you can't tell, I like sticking to a budget when I travel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Airbnb as a woman

100 Days Project

Booking Flights - Part 1