New camera bag

I am taking a trip to Central Europe this summer.  I will be traveling through southern Germany (Bavaria), Austria, and part of the Czech Republic.  I'm using the Munich airport, which gives lots of options for our overall itinerary.  Given where I'll be traveling, I already know that I will take tons of photos; my friend traveling with me may have to physically pull me away from taking a million gorgeous shots of architectural features of churches and old buildings.

One of my biggest tasks before I do any more serious planning is to find a new camera bag for myself.  The one I've been using for the past several years really isn't conducive to long travel; it only holds my camera (while a lens is on the body), a backup battery, and maybe a few small things like lip balm, keys, and some cash.  The strap is fine in length, but frankly, it is not comfortable at all, especially if I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt when it's hot.  It will definitely be warm when I'm in Europe, so I've got to find a new solution that will carry my camera, as well as some of the other things I need while I'm out and about every day (passport/ID, money, hotel key, phone).



So far, this Caden bag is in the lead for me.  It holds my camera body, 2 lenses, has areas for plenty of other items, and has a thicker strap that is worn cross-body.  This Qipi bag, though, is a close second; it also has a padded cross-body strap and plenty of extra pockets/room for other things, but it seems that due to its smaller size (some reviews complain about that), it may only allow for the camera body and one lens.  Both bags do come with a rain cover, in the event that I encounter inclement weather.  I definitely need to do more research before I buy, but I'm really leaning toward the Caden bag.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Airbnb as a woman

100 Days Project

Booking Flights - Part 1