Still Scrapping NYC


I am still working through all of my many, many photos from my NYC trip in December.  My latest process video features photos from my adventure to the Neue Galerie.  This art gallery/museum is located on the east side of Central Park in NYC, just off the 86th Street Transverse (splitting up part of the park), on 5th Avenue.  If you've been to the Met in NYC, the Neue Galerie is actually just up the street; you can see the Met from the sidewalk outside of the Neue Galerie.



This layout is a double-page spread, with the left side being a full 6x8 page/pocket.  I had a photo from the subway station I used at 86th St., and I wanted to make sure that I was able to use it somehow.  The blue in the tile was not an ideal match with the blues on the second page, but I was determined to make it work.  On that left-hand page, I used several phrase labels, a blank label with some stamping, and a stamped image from a set I have from Close To My Heart.



On the right-hand side, I used a page protector that has 4 spots for 3"x4" cards or photos.  The card in the upper left came from a piece of patterned cardstock I had on hand; it just happened to match some elements of the building.  I used Stickles on the lamppost to give the illusion that the lamp was lit (as it was evening when I went to the gallery).  For the rest of the pockets, I only used some phrase labels and mini staples to attach them.  Pretty simple!  If you'd like to view the process video, I've embedded it below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Airbnb as a woman

100 Days Project

Booking Flights - Part 1